Inspired Fashion Reports from Asia

05 February 2011

Button Hole



I can't believe I have almost lived in Hong Kong for 1 year and only discovered this gem of a store.  Located in Central, Button Hole, literally the size of a small closet is full of runway pieces at a fraction of a price, clothing around 100 USD, bags at 200 USD.  For the price, likely factory seconds, but I couldn't tell a quality difference.  The inventory is always changing (daily in fact) and the currently selection of today consisted of Balenciaga, Calvin Klein (runway), Alexander Wang, Montclair, Alexander McQueen and Balmain.  One such find was a F/W 2009 Calvin Klein jacket/dress, photo above.

Address:  58-60B Peel Street

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Yeah...I've bought many a seemingly fabulous item from this shop, but as much as it pains me to say it, I've come to the conclusion that most of the goods are duds. I pounced on the Balenciaga clutches and Lanvin bags last week only to discover after hours of internet research they were knock off's!!

Still very sad about this. I wish I could be proven wrong :(

Anonymous said...

Yep, as a recent customer, I have to agree with the above commenter. ALL the pieces in the shop are knockoffs. Some poor, some better. You can tell by a quick look inside the garment...Authentic Lanvin and Celine clothing are beautifully finished inside; you can find the real deal at IFC mall...the seams are immaculate, perfectly straight and all edges are turned in; no unfinished or messy bits. There is a reason that the real deal costs 1000+. Workmanship. If you don't have the money and you acknowledge that it's just a 'fun' purchase; then go for it. In Hong Kong and Shenzhen, you can have virtually any piece of clothing made...and they put the authentic looking label inside; so buyer beware and be educated. It is a fun shop although the shop girls can be abrupt and a bit mean.