Inspired Fashion Reports from Asia

16 January 2011

Rupert Sanderson Store






Perhaps not a discovery for those whom have lived in Hong Kong for more than 1 year, but a great little street for shopping in Central is On Lan, near Landmark.  I am not a fan of shopping in Central, which is too saturated with the typical bland luxury stores, but this street is worth a stroll.  One such shop is Rupert Sanderson, a UK based shoe designer.  I haven't given Rupert much attention over the years, in large part, because I never held a shoe in my hand.  His shoes are extremely well made, in large part as they are 100% italian made.  I don't believe most luxury brands are producing their shoes much in Italy and the decreased quality standards are apparent, particularly when the soles of their shoes fall apart after 1 month of usage.  Rupert's shoes are on another level.  Also, he seems to be paving a new trend, lower heel, simple design and feminine.  

No comments: